In cryptocurrencies, the easiest way to define what a smart contract is – an application or a program that runs on a blockchain network. Smart contracts are digital contracts that are therefore executed by a certain system of rules without human intervention. These rules are determined by computer code, it is copied and enforced by nodes operating on the network.
So, smart contracts created on blockchain networks allow the creation of certain network protocols in which users do not have to trust each other. In other words, the parties to the contract commit themselves using the blockchain system, without the need to know each other or trust to securely fulfill the terms of the contract. Each of the parties after the entry into force of the smart contract will be sure that if some conditions are not met, the other conditions of the contract will not be met. Smart contracts also eliminate the need to seek help from third parties (intermediaries), which significantly reduces the cost of contracts concluded in this way.
Bitcoin has been supporting smart contracts for many years, but this form of digitized contracts was distributed by Ethereum developer and co-organizer Vitalik Buterin. In this case, it is also worth paying attention to the fact that the approach to smart contracts differs in each blockchain network.
How does a smart contract work? Development and writing of a smart contract – Kiev, Dnipro, Odessa
In short, a smart contract is a deterministic program. Which means that they perform a specific task when certain conditions are met. Smart contracts are essentially a set of “if … then …” rules. All smart contracts are actually a piece of code that works and functions thanks to a distributed network of blockchain nodes.
Creation of smart contracts on Ethereum, Lviv, Vinnytsia – Main characteristics of smart contracts:
- They are predetermined. Smart contracts perform only those functions for which they were designed, subject to their assumptions. The execution of this contract will be the same, regardless of who initiates the first interaction.
- They are autonomous. Smart contracts are great for automating all kinds of tasks – they function as a self-contained application. However, it is important to note that when the smart contract is not running, it is in a “sleep” state and will not perform any action.
- They are immutable. The code for each of them cannot be changed after they are run. They can be “removed” only if they have previously implemented such an opportunity. So, we can say that the provisions of smart contracts are resistant to change.
- You can adapt them to suit your needs. Before the final launch, a smart contract can be written in different ways. Hence, they can also be used to develop decentralized applications (dApps).
- They “don’t trust”. Thanks to this feature, each party to the smart contract will cooperate with the other party without the need to know the other party or give it any degree of trust. This function also ties in with the reliability and immutability of the data stored in the blockchain network chain.
- They are transparent. Given the fact that each of the smart contracts on the Ethereum network is based on the public blockchain network, their source code is not only immutable, but also visible and available to anyone who wants to verify it.
Benefits and examples of smart contract implementation – iTizzi
Given that smart contracts are computer code, they are highly customizable and designed in many different ways to provide many types of services and solutions. As a decentralized and self-executing type of program, they are able to provide greater transparency and lower operating costs than their traditional counterparts. It also depends on the approach and implementation whether they can improve efficiency and reduce bureaucratic costs.
Smart contracts are especially useful in situations where asset transfer or exchange is required between several or more participants.
Today shows that smart contracts already have many real-world examples of their use. Currently, they are most often used in the following areas: tokenization of assets, in voting systems, the creation of wallets for cryptocurrencies, in decentralized exchanges and in the production of mobile applications, games. Smart contracts are implemented concurrently with other blockchain technology capabilities, in areas such as healthcare, philanthropy, supply chain, broadly understood governance, or decentralized finance (DeFi).
Smart contracts, combined with blockchain technologies, turn out to be so multifunctional that it is possible that in the near future we will witness a rapid growth of applications based on them, therefore iTizzi Software Development Company offers their writing and use right now!
Development & Creation of Startups
Build your startup from scratch - complex projects. Modern design. A revolutionary code technology that makes application development fast and affordable. Dedicated PM. Full stack approach. Streamlined process.
AI & Machine Learning Development
We strive to be at the cutting-edge of machine learning on code. We can take your app to the next level with the latest state-of-the-art solutions.
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Development
If you’re looking for someone to help you launch your DApp, Exchange or Wallet or to provide Smart Contract development, R&D or consultancy - this is our domain.
Custom Software & Web Development
Set your business apart from the competition. Our developers and operating teams work together to provide you with a highly accessible and reliable infrastructure and thus speed up the delivery of your product.
Mobile App Dev. for iOs & Android
Smartphones, tablets, wearables - follow your users where they are with carefully crafted mobile apps. Reach customers via Android, iOS, or cross-platform solutions. Software design and development.
FinTech. Digital Marketing
As an experienced company in the field of digital transformation, we help companies improve software, web services, implement intelligent management tools and use analytics data to be more efficient.